It is our responsibility as adults to give our kids the finest medical care we can, which includes bringing them to the dentist regularly.
However, no matter their age, a lot of individuals find going to the dentist frightening. This is why it’s advised that you take your child to a pediatric dentist when their dental journey first starts. These professionals are qualified to provide a wide range of dental procedures and also have expertise in children’s behaviour.
Your children will receive essential dental treatment with pediatric dentistry in Chestermere; otherwise, they risk acquiring oral conditions and decay that could last the rest of their lives.
What is a pediatric dentist?
Pediatric dentistry aims to treat children’s dental health problems between infancy and puberty. A baby’s first tooth typically starts to erupt at around six months of age and lasts until they are five or six years old. During these crucial moments, taking good care of your kid’s dental health and visiting a dentist near you will help them prevent subsequent problems.
What does a pediatric dentist do?
The following are some of the most frequent procedures that pediatric dentists near you carry out:
- Checkups and cleanings: During this session, your child’s teeth will be x-rayed, brushed, and flossed, as well as given fluoride.
- Restorative treatments: A pediatric dentistry specialist can also perform alternative treatments like placing dental bridges or crowns and performing root canals.
- Dental sealants: These are plastic coatings made to prevent food particles and plaque from accumulating in the grooves of your teeth, particularly the chewing surfaces.
- Cavity treatment: This consists of removing the decay and using a dental filling to close the hole it leaves behind. Because they are still learning how to properly care for their smiles, younger patients frequently experience the need for fillings.
- Managing dental emergencies: Notable examples include teeth that have been shattered or knocked out while participating in sports or while falling.
Why should you take your kids to a pediatric dentist?
Even though it isn’t required, it is important to take your child to a dental professional because children and teenagers have different dental needs than adults. They require a different level of care since they have different needs.
Here are just a few of the many advantages that seeing a pediatric dentist can bring, if you’re not sure whether you should:
- Dentists in Chestermere that specialize in children have more formal training. Pediatric dentists, as opposed to general dentists, have extensive expertise in how a child’s mouth develops.
- They have received training to address behavioural difficulties.
- They will reaffirm the value of early preventative measures for your child. They will carry these manners with them for a very long time.
- Treatments are customized to fit the particular requirements and preferences of your child.
- They understand how to establish a solid rapport with your child. Children may play with a ton of engaging toys in pediatric dentistry offices while waiting to see the dentist, which are typically painted in cheerful, warm colours.
Importance of pediatric dentists
Kids cannot always be cooperative and patient during a dental examination like adults. Pediatric dentists are skilled at examining and treating kids in a way that makes them feel at ease.
Additionally, pediatric dentists work with specialized tools in settings that are set up and decorated with kids in mind.
A pediatric dentist has the knowledge and training to take care of your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth, in addition to providing a variety of treatment options. You can be assured that a pediatric dentist will give your kiddo the best treatment when your pediatrician suggests that they get an oral checkup.
Visit Our Dentist!
At East Chestermere Dental, we offer patients and their families convenient, cost-effective care. When you visit our office for the first time, a member of our staff will greet you and go over your oral health requirements. Call us, visit our website, or come in person to schedule a consultation with our experts. See you soon!