Composite bonding or porcelain veneers near you prove to be a set of dental composite materials used to improve your dental health. These are used to change your teeth’ shape, color, and size and make them far more appealing to yourself and others.
Composite veneers can be technically and artistically very demanding. To achieve superior results with these, you should only avail of the services of a highly trained dentist near you. This is the case as they understand the various types of dental materials used properly. Also, dentists working with porcelain veneers need to be artistic. Especially, since veneers are applied using a bonding process that involves the removal, addition, and sculpturing of your teeth to get them into a beautiful shape and the right size.
What is more, the dentist must ensure they match any adjacent teeth that complement your facial profile. Therefore, they should have a sound knowledge of the different styles used and tooth morphology. In this regard, patients should be sure that a dentist who takes care of their oral health has sufficient experience working with porcelain veneers.
When Would Porcelain Veneers Be Needed?
There are certain situations where a dentist in Chestermere would suggest you make use of porcelain veneers, such as:
- When faced with chipped front teeth due to one or the other traumatic event. In instances like these, composite veneers would prove to be ideal and the simplest, most cost-effective solution. Generally speaking, it is the best option to help restore the affected tooth to its original condition. The challenge would be to hide the repaired tooth and ensure that other people cannot notice it by using the right shade and colors to blend in perfectly with your other teeth.
- Crooked or stained teeth that cannot be resolved by using only teeth whitening can be corrected with composite veneers.
- Getting gaps closed through using veneers proves to be the ideal remedy. This applies particularly when patients are missing their two front teeth, also referred to as Diastema. Depending on the patient’s needs and wants, gaps can be partially or fully closed. When using Diastema closures, there is no need to remove any teeth.
People prefer going with a qualified individual in the dentistry industry who fully comprehends the intricacies involved in providing them with an aesthetically pleasing look using porcelain veneers in Chestermere.
Should You Opt for Porcelain or Composite Veneers?
Anyone would jump at the opportunity to enhance the way they look by sporting a beautiful smile.
Some fun dental facts:
- Did you know that 76% of people do not feel confident smiling?
- Up to 48% of people would judge another person on their appearance and smile.
- Just over 70% of people reckon that a great smile boosts them on a physical and mental level.
- As much as 67% of individuals feel it helps them form friendships and build relationships so much easier.
And to think that cosmetic dentistry methods can improve your smile. Then again, it depends on what you wish to enhance and time and money. Two popular cosmetic dentistry treatments happen to be composite and porcelain veneers.
Let’s Let’s discuss the difference between the two kinds of veneers dentists make use of.
A porcelain veneer is a porcelain laminate that is tailor-made to bond to the front surface of your tooth and can be compared to false nails as these are thin cosmetic coverings.
On the other hand, the composite veneer gets made from a resin-like filling material that is placed over the entire area of your tooth to enhance its aesthetic appearance.
East Chestermere Dental regularly covers information on dental health and wellness, including more info on the advantages of various types of treatment such as composite and porcelain veneer.