When you are thinking about tooth replacement options, dental implants are almost certainly going to be on your radar. Compared to other replacement options, a dental implant will cost you a fair amount of money, but the investment is well worth it. At East Chestermere Dental, we are happy to provide you with dental implants in Chestermere. Read on to find out how you can benefit from dental implants.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The process for getting dental implants near you can be broken down into the following steps:
- Initial consultation- our dentist will take impressions and x-rays of your teeth so they can create a model of the replacement tooth and map out the spot that it will occupy.
- Implantation- over the course of two separate procedures, your dental implant posts will be inserted into your jawbone and left to fuse and heal with your anatomy. This usually takes about 3-6 months. After this, our dentist near you will place abutments on the implant posts and make another impression so that your artificial tooth can be properly manufactured.
- Insertion- finally, our dentist will place your replacement tooth on the abutment and implant post, completing the procedure.
It is important to note that not everyone is a candidate for dental implants. To be able to get dental implants, you must have both healthy gums and a strong jaw bone. The best thing to do to determine if you are a viable candidate for this restorative dentistry treatment is to speak to your dentist. Sometimes, you can get a bone or gum graft to prepare your mouth and become eligible for implants.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Getting a dental implant offers many benefits, especially when compared to other restorative treatments. While the cost and time they take to be placed may seem daunting, in the long run, their benefits far outweigh these drawbacks. Here are some of the main benefits of dental implants:
- Low maintenance- dental implants function the exact same way that your natural teeth do, which means that you don’t need to worry about providing them with any special care. Just continue to brush and floss your teeth as normal.
- No diet restrictions- since dental implants act and look like your natural teeth, you won’t have to avoid any foods after they are installed.
- Long-lasting- if you choose to get dental implants, you can expect your replacement tooth to last you for the rest of your life. Compared to other restorations, which typically last about 5 to 10 years before needing replacement, you can tell why the time commitment and cost for dental implants are worth it in the long run.
- Aesthetically appealing- dental implants are customized by a dentist in Chestermere to match the exact appearance of your natural teeth, and they blend in seamlessly with your smile. Furthermore, they function just like your natural teeth, so you won’t even remember that you have a dental implant once you have healed!
Considering the above benefits, it is easy to understand why many dental professionals consider dental implants to be the gold standard for tooth replacement. If you are looking for long-lasting, natural-looking, durable tooth replacements, then speak to your dentist about dental implants today.